In the fall of 1958 the University Heights Evangelical United Brethern Church established Rosedale Hill Evangelical United Brethren Church as a mission church. The Reverend Charles Lane was appointed as the founding minister. Six lots and a parsonage were given by Flossie Beghtel, a 1912 graduate of Indiana Central College ( Now UIndy). The land making up the Rosedale Hills community had formerly been a dairy where cattle grazed and provided a name for the church and community. The first worship service was held September 2, 1958, in the Clinton Young Elementary School with 105 in attendance. October 5 through October 19, of that year, the charter was opened for membership and 65 joined. After fifty years some of the original charter members still attend on a regular basis.
In December of 1958, a building committee was organized and by April of 1960 the sanctuary and the educational wing were ready for use. By 1964 it was evident that more space was needed. An addition that included six classrooms, a stage, Fellowship Hall and a patio was dedicated November 20, 1966.
A major development occurred in 1968 when the Evangelical United Brethren Church merged with the Methodist Church to form the United Methodist Church. Rev Lane continued as the minister until 1970 when Rev. Walter Meacham was assigned. Other pastors who have served our church are: Rev. David Popplewell, Rev. Phill Isgrigg, Rev. Charles Robertson, Rev. Keith Atkins, Rev George Hunsaker, Rev. Doug Walker, Rev Doug Wallace and Rev. Jill Moffett.
The Current pastor is Rev. Amy Lee who was appointed in July, 2020.
Rosedale Hills United Methodist Church is a Christian Community of diverse families and individuals who have responded to God’s calling. We are united by our love for God, for each other, and for all God’s Children.